As the global coronavirus pandemic sent markets into a plunge and blasted aspects of daily life, freelancers were hit hard. Seemingly, freelancing means working as an independent company rather than being employed by an agency or company. Creative specialists had lost the income that led them to shift from being known as formal creative work to freelance digital content creation. With the rise of the gig economy, people are talking about freelancing more than ever before. Due to its high demand and good salary, they prefer to be independent contractors.
The freelancing industry has made a huge impact on the world we live in. Apart from securing jobs for themselves, it developed an avenue for the work industry to evolve that leads to advantages. Nonetheless, freelancers also have problems carried over, made worse by the health crisis and new protocols whereas, clients are delaying payments due to the pandemic crisis. As each day passes by, the whole concept of working is changing. Companies demand freelancers to work on projects. Thus, it requires specialty and professional experience to handle them, and freelancers are always the best option.
The pandemic has changed the world in the past years and made everyone realize the convenience of working from home and sitting in front of a computer connected to the internet, without the need of traveling. Digitization and freelancing have been a buzzword providing new opportunities to both independent workers and companies alike. The innovation of technology is overturning traditional work structures. Opportunities for freelancers are exploding, as the innovative tools allow people to work independently which a freelancer can monitor and acquire job demand online.
Online Marketing Strategies for Freelancers
- CONNECT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
– Run ads on social media platforms that will bring your name in front of broad audiences. Create contents to share on social media.
- BUILD A WEBSITE
– Your website is where your clients will learn about you, the work you do, and how you can possibly help them. Getting your own self-hosted website up is a good start. This is where you will also host your blog, services and other details.
- BLOGGING OR PODCAST
– Producing a podcast or blog will somehow build authority that would attract people to your expertise. Regularly publish contents that reflect your skills and potential.
- DISPLAY AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO
– Show off your works with an engaging, professional-looking portfolio. You need to give your clients a solid reason why you’re capable of a specific service they need.
- JOIN COMMUNITIES RELATED TO YOUR NICHE
– Engage with the community and make sure to provide value.
- ASK FOR REFERRALS AND REVIEWS
– Encourage your previous clients to refer to others in order to get additional business in the future. And once done accomplishing the project, ask them if they would be willing to leave a short review.
- ORGANIZE FREELANCE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT PLATFORM
– Use this as a tracker or calendar to easily utilize your upcoming work or leads to engage with. Creating a business management will help you to stay focused on what you should do.
We, the ROC.PH, aim to provide the client with increasing sales with our full-package services and extend help to businesses who want to establish and develop strategies, as a startup for the success of your business. You may freely visit our website, our digital marketing services where you may see services that we offer, including graphic design, and our virtual team services that will collaboratively communicate in order to achieve common goals. If you may have queries regarding our services, click here for a free online marketing consultation.